Take an African American heritage tour of the nation’s capital at night, starting with a soul food dinner and ending with tickets to the Museum of African American History and Culture.
D.C.’s Premier African American Heritage Tour
Learn about African American history and heritage in D.C. on this fascinating tour that visits the Frederick Douglass house, the African American Civil War Memorial, and more.
The tour begins at the Navy Memorial, 7th and Pennsylvania Ave NW, and is narrated by a licensed tour guide of the city of Washington, D.C. Your guide brings the history of these sites to life with their extensive knowledge and personalized attention.
At the end of the tour, you’re given a ticket to tour the Museum of African American History and Culture.
- Frederick Douglass National Historic Site
- African American Civil War Memorial
- White House
- King Memorial
- Lincoln Memorial
- Howard University
- Howard Theater
- Historic U Street
- Council of Negro Women headquarters
- Metropolitan AME Church
- Mary Bethune house
- Carter G. Woodson house
- Statue and Emancipation Park
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Please plan to wear clothing with expected weather conditions in mind.