Construction of the Washington Monument started in 1848. The stone for the monument comes from Maryland and Massachusetts. The walls are made of white marble . The monument weighs 90 tons and equal to a 50 story building. The total number block is 36,491 and the total cost of the monument was $2 million dollars.(today it would cost 21 million dollars).At the ceremonial laying Abe Lincoln was in attendance.
- Washington is the only president not to live in the White House.
- Marta Washington was one of the richest women in Virginia when she married George Washington.
- Washington did own slaves
- George Washington farm was 8000 acres.
- Washington did not believe in political parties.